TAKE2 Victoria’s climate change pledge
TAKE2 shares tips to take action on climate change and help keep the global temperature rise under two degrees.
We’ve all heard the wise words about ‘It’s not the destination, but the journey that matters.’ And it’s so true when it comes to reducing the pollution causing climate change! How you get there today can have a big impact on what happens to the planet tomorrow.
Here are TAKE2’s top five ways to environmentally-friendly travel.
1. Walk, cycle or take public transport to work and school. You’ll produce less pollution, save wear and tear on your car and it’s often less stress than dealing with peak hour traffic.
2. Carpool with others. Again, this reduces pollution and wear and tear on your car. It also costs less, shares the driving and parking, and helps you get to know neighbours or workmates better.
3. When you do drive, be smart about it. Regularly check tyre pressure and wheel alignment. And brush up on efficient driving techniques. You’ll use less fuel and cause less pollution.
4. Start a regular ride- to-work cycling group. If other people are expecting you to cycle into work with them, you’re more likely to do it! As well as cutting your contribution to climate change, it’s also good for your health.
5. Flying for work or pleasure? If flying is your only option, purchase carbon offsets to compensate for the pollution your flight will create. They’re usually offered when you book.
For more information on sustainable purchasing, join TAKE2 today.
Bank Australia is a founding partner of TAKE2 – Victoria's climate change pledge. You can pledge too at TAKE2.