Before commencing renovations it is important that you notify us as it may effect the terms and conditions of your home insurance policy. It is important that you increase your sum insured to reflect any extensions or renovations so you're sure you are adequately covered in the event of a home insurance claim.
Protect my assets
It's essential to keep up to date on all your insurance requirements.
Insurance protects you from financial loss in the event your assets are destroyed or damaged. Before you buy insurance, please read the product disclosure statement which includes all the details about the policy.
There's some excellent information at moneysmart.gov.au/insurance for people looking for insurance advice.
Some questions to ask your insurer:
- What does the policy cover?
- What isn’t covered?
- Will your insurer replace your items with new goods, or will it pay the value of goods less depreciation?
- Is there any excess? If so, how much is it? Does it vary?
- Can you pay monthly? If so, will you end up paying more?
- Does the insurer have a good reputation and history of paying claims?
Comprehensive home and contents insurance.