We're here to help you make any changes you need to your super fund. Please contact us on 132 888.
Plan my retirement
Planning for retirement has become more important. We're living longer and our need to fund our retirement has become even greater.
When planning for retirement, try to ensure time is on your side. The sooner you start planning for your life in retirement the better. Also, retirement planning can be complex so make sure you seek professional advice.
Here's just a few thought starters. Begin by asking yourself what kind of lifestyle you want in retirement:
- Will you stop working altogether or will you keep up some employment?
- How's your health?
- Do you have secure work?
Next, think about how you'll fund your lifestyle in retirement. These are just some of the questions you'll need to consider:
- How much money will you need?
- Do you have enough in savings and other assets, such as property?
- What's your financial position right now?
- What about long term costs such as aged care?
- Will you keep or sell the family home?
- Will you self-fund your retirement or seek government assistance, such as the age pension?
- Do you understand all the superannuation rules?
- Have you planned your estate and made your Will?
There is a lot to think about if you're going to successfully plan a life in retirement so seek financial advice from a professional financial advisor.
Help when you need it most
If you are looking for a financial advisor, we can help you. Take advantage of Shadforth’s obligation-free appointment or telephone consultation.