We understand that life is unpredictable and financial circumstances can change.
Illness, death in the family, relationship changes, unemployment or reduced income can all put a significant strain on your finances and make it difficult to meet your loan or credit card obligations - but we’re here to help.
How can Bank Australia help?
We have a Hardship Assistance team who are available to help you. We’ll get an understanding of your current circumstances and look at how we can best support you now and into the future.
We might be able to assist by:
- lowering your contracted repayments and extending the term of your loan
- applying a short repayment break until you are again able to meet your contracted repayment.
The sooner you contact us to explore your options the better.
How can I access support?
To assist you, we will need to understand your circumstances.
You can either:
- Call customer support on 132888
- Go into your local branch and talk to a consultant
- Fill in the hardship assistance application form and email it along with any other information to email@example.com or post it to Private Bag 12, Kew VIC 3101
What other support is available to me?
Bank Australia encourages customers to seek independent advice about their personal financial needs. The following links may help you to access local assistance and information.
- Commonwealth Financial Counselling for free and confidential counselling services
- Money Smart for tips and tools to help you manage you money