Use your discretion when sharing information online and never share passwords or security codes with anyone. Fraudsters can use your personal information to verify themselves and make unauthorised changes to your accounts.
Bank Australia app
Our app for Android and iPhone provides you with a secure and easy way to bank on the go. To get started just login using your customer number and internet banking password.
What's new in our latest version?
- Improved side-menu making it easy to find what you’re looking for
- Extra card management festures: reduce your credit card limit or cancel your credit card
- For credit card holders - Visa refunds will now show as a positive value in the uncleared funds section of your account. Pending debits now show as a negative.
What is included in the Bank Australia banking app?
- Customise the length of time before you’re auto-logged out of the app
- View your session history
- App details – view important information about your app and device
- Travel notifications – let us know when you’re heading overseas so we can keep an eye out for when something’s not right
- View and manage eStatements
- Create alerts based on your credit/debit card activity
- View product pages within the app
- Set up account alerts for payments or balance thresholds
- Access calculators to help you better manage your finances
- Locate and get directions to your nearest branch
- Card Controls – manage your credit/debit card features, such as payWave, reduce your credit card limit or cancel your credit card, lock your card temporarily
- Report a lost or stolen card, activate a card or change your card’s PIN
- Check your balance and get a quick balance
- Transfer funds, including fast payments with Osko
- Create and maintain your PayID
- Transfer funds
- Pay your bills
- Make international transfers
- Add new payees
A few things to remember
- Don’t keep your customer number and PIN with your mobile device
- Make sure you log out when you’re done
- The app will automatically log out after five minutes of no activity
- Get in touch with Bank Australia immediately if you’ve lost your mobile device or feel that someone may know your login details
- You must be registered for internet banking to have access to the app
How do you register for the app?
If you’re registered for internet banking with us, you can use our app.
Once you’re registered for internet banking, simply download the app to suit your phone and follow the prompts.
Where do you get the app?
How do you start using the app?
You can start banking in three easy steps:
1. Register the app using your internet banking customer number and password
2. Choose a name for your device. This will be displayed in the list of registered devices inside the app.
3. Set up a simple login (4 digit passcode).
Some tips for using the app
View all options available
Select the ‘≡’ icon from the top right hand side to view all functions available within the app.
You can also view your BSB here.
Personalise your quick transactions
The welcome screen shows two navy buttons that allow you to perform some quick banking transactions such as ‘Pay Anyone’ and ‘BPAY’.
Stay safe and secure
Our banking app uses the same security and authentication as Internet banking. Here are a few things you should remember to stay safe online:
· Don’t keep your customer number and password with your phone or tablet.
· For security, your mobile banking session will close after five minutes of inactivity. To begin another mobile banking session, simply log in again.
· Make sure you log out when you’re finished with mobile banking.
· Get in touch if you’ve lost your mobile device or you think someone may know your login details.
Read through our app FAQs.
Don’t forget to read about security and fraud protection to stay safe when banking online.
The latest version of our mobile banking app requires the following minimum version of operating system (OS):
iOS 9.3 or above
Android 5.0 or above
Installation guide for Android users
For Android users running a version under 5.0, you will not be able to upgrade to our latest mobile app unless you upgrade the Android OS on your device first.
NOTE: Depending on the age of your device, a newer version of Android OS may not be supported. Please use your discretion when updating your device to the latest version of Android.
How can I check what version of Android OS my device is running?
Follow the steps outlined below to find out what version of Android OS your device is running (note: these steps may vary depending on your device):
I now want to update my Android OS to the latest version – how can I do that?
If you have decided to update your device with the latest Android OS, the following steps are a rough guide to updating your device’s OS (note: these steps may vary depending on your device):
We recommend connecting to WiFi before downloading the update to avoid going over mobile data limits.
What if I am unable to update my device or don’t want to update my device?
That’s okay, while we strongly recommend using the latest version of the app and OS due to security concerns with older versions, we understand there are some circumstances where this isn’t possible.
If you are unable to update your device to the latest OS, you can continue to use the previous version of our app for a period of time. Follow the steps outlined below to continue using the previous version of the app (please do not uninstall the app):
Why do you no longer support version of Android under Android 5.0?
We are committed to keeping your accounts safe and secure. Due to security vulnerabilities associated with older versions of Android, we can no longer support versions of Android OS under Android 5.0.